Midland Credit Management - Won't allow me to pay off debt
I am currently disabled due to an on the job accident.I received a settlement and I have tried contacting my account manager several times in order to pay off my CHASE debt.
I have left messages for him to call me back, but he does not return them. No one else seems capable of taking my payment; they keep re-routing me to his voice mail.
These sharks just want to keep me in their loop so that they can keep charging me astronomical fees to line their pockets.All I want to do is pay it off so that my credit report is clean.review #382287
You may also like
- "Them AH took my truck out of my yard ,I had a check Pending they took it on the same day ,my payment was $140.00 and every time a payment..."
- "Libby Muelhaupt and Bruce Spurlock shut down, Discount Mortgage Relief, then continue to take money from consumers to the tune of $400,000. Then they open another company BDL Credit Solutions..."
- "My name dai im already sent my $37 but im do not receive my card yet can you tell me when my card is coming?..."
- "I looked online for Breguet replica watches and SwissWatches seemed OK - they come up as ReplicaWatches138 online and have a lot of different names that they change regularly when..."
- "SO, SO VERY UNHAPPY with MY ENGLANDER MATTRESS. . I only weigh 135 pounds and 1 1/2 years and $1700.00 later this mattress is sagging in the..."
- "I purchased 3 kohler, landena model number 2215 sinks believing that they were 21 by 14 because that was the e-faucets web page showed their the items description. I..."
- "I also bought the Cindy Crawford sectional 2 years ago with in 6 months all the coushins needed to be replaced, it took 5 months to send the right ones,..."
- "Well its time again to spread the 1 year old. Beef I had on my birthday. Like I mention last year.being in business my self for over 45 years...."
- "I requested a report for $1 and I got a few extra charges of .09 cents for optional services (x5). Then, when I received the credit card statement (paperless billing)..."